Tax Manager – Remote
Job ID 1679
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
- Review and prepare corporate tax compliance on behalf of clients. Projects may include calculation and preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns, quarterly estimates, vouchers, extension, and projections.
- Review and prepare corporate income tax provision calculations.
- Review and conduct high level tax research of complex or emerging tax issues and prepare memorandums to support conclusions.
- Stay up to date with changes in tax regulation and develop tax planning skills at the federal and state level.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of tax services, including planning, research, compliance, allocations, and general transactional activities.
- Manage engagements review and confirm assignment objectives, scope and work plan with client, and workflow of multiple clients and related deliverables to minimize risk and surprises, maximize engagement economics including budgets and billing, meet internal and external deadlines.
- Manage people teams, identify assignment resource requirements, and ensure the most appropriate resources are assigned to specific assignment roles.
- Analyze billing and assist with accounts receivable collections from clients.
- Solid understanding of GAAP as it relates to accounting for taxes (ASC 740)
- Compliance, Advisory, Flow-through, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with top management and other key stakeholders.
- Strong team-oriented professional
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in client services, preferably within a large public accounting firm
- 5-8 years’ experience
- CPA preferred